After more than 5 years it is time to say good bye and this blog shuts its doors.

Thank you very much for all your support through out this time.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Bryan Lee & The Jump Street Five 1991 The Blues Is



Bryan Lee is an American blues guitarist and singer based in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is also known by the nickname braille blues daddy and has been a fixture on Bourbon Street scene since the 1980s.

Bryan played at the Old Absinthe Bar, (on Bourbon Street NOLA) for 15 years during the 80’ and 90’s . This was a gig that went a long way to establish New Orleans as a blues town as well as the granddaddy of jazz. Guitarist and leader of the Jump Street Five Band at the time, Bryan Lee was faithful to his loyal fans and the music. Today Bryan Lee is still going strong, touring across the US, Canada and Europe playing the blues with the Blues Power Band.

He recently had the honor of performing with Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Along with Kenny, Bryan had the distinct honor and pleasure of being on stage with Pine Top Perkins Hubert Sumlin, Buddy Flett, and Willie Big Eyes Smith. Bryan, Kenny and his band were also guests on NBC's Tonight show with Jay Leno on Feb. 14, of 2007. Bryan also had the honor of performing for BB King in 2005 for his birthday.

Sincerity and guts. That is what Bryan Lee brings to his music all the time. "I really feel the good Lord has blessed me with this gift and if I can reach 2 or 3 people in an audience I feel I have done a good job. I believe that I have a gift that makes people smile and I want to share that."

While he knows exactly where he wants to melodically and musically, Lee cannot physically see at all. That’s where spiritual faith comes into play everyday. It is especially evident in his music, which is grounded in intensity and poured out with passion that can only come from someone who intimately knows the blues. “As a blind person I put my faith in the Lord everyday. You have to believe in something to carry forward. A lot of people have let me down over the years because it is easy to take advantage of a blind person. In the end, it is faith in God that gets you along the way and practically, I put my faith on the line every time I cross the street.” ”As you get older; blues is something that you get better at simply because of your age. You understand the music more and you learn to appreciate the old cats a whole lot more”


Tracklist:

01 - Circles

02 - Think

03 - Waiting On Ice

04 - Let Me Down Easy

05 - It's Your Move

06 - Gelle

07 - There It Is

08 - You Done Me Wrong

09 - So Low Down

10 - Pretty Jeanine

11 - I Worry

12 - The Blues Is



Download

Mirror





Enjoy the music!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...